The very popular website that translates Japanese Manga series into the English language in order to cater to the many other languages speaking fans in the world, MangaStream is recruiting people for their many positions. The team of Manga Stream has always stated that many people have shown interest in being a part of their team and helping them out in order to make many fans around the world happy. The team has also mentioned that they do not have that big of an investment where they can sit and train people to do the work, so they are looking for people who are already well aware of the required skills that go in operating the website. The team of the Manga Stream prepares tests for the people interested in the various jobs that the team has to offer. The following are the factors that are required for the applicants of the jobs to be aware of. They are time requirements and of the forum and school of recruitment.
- The applicants of any job should be able to work on any required time because sometimes, the website may get the manga series that needs to be translated a little late as well. And in some cases early too. So people who belong to certain time zones may not be able to work with the team. MangaStream.com is a website based in the United States of America.
- The Manga Stream Team has implemented a forum where they will take tests, teach the basics of the many job offers they have, and help the applicants understand the basics of the jobs that they have applied for. All the required information and the instructions for the forum and how it works is displayed on the forum and also on the website.
The Jobs that Manga Stream is Offering
The Manga Stream website is mainly looking for Redrawers, Editors, Translators, and Typesetters. The following are the requirements of each of these jobs.
- Redrawers are supposed to draw any smudged out illustrations of the original manga series while the piece of the page has been scanned so that the readers do not miss out on any kind of detail. This position requires a lot of patience and focus. The person will have to know how to join the art on double spread pages and should be able to remove the overlay texts and the ads from the page. He or she should have knowledge about the modern versions of photoshop and dropbox.
- The Editors job is to clean up a raw, unkempt page and make it look like a truly illustrated work of a Japanese author, in English of course. The person should know how to make use of solid whites, blacks, and halftones in order to clean out pages.
- Typesetters are supposed to required to remove the Japanese text very carefully from the dialogue box or the bubbles in the illustrations and enter the translated English text in its place. The person should make this look neat and clean. It should not be messy. He or she should be aware of the modern version of photoshop and dropbox.
- The Translators are obviously required to translate the manga text from Japanese to English. For this the most important requirement is that the person should know the Japanese language, its text and script very well.